· Safety in travel – no missed or delayed flights, baggage arrived with us, no customs problems, safe travel in country
· Safety in country – we remained healthy and at most had a few close calls with heat exhaustion
· Team cohesiveness – the team commented how well we got along with each other; no arguments, clicks, etc. Truly amazing!
· Duties - the team members were excellent performing whatever task was asked of them
· Support of in country missionaries – I believe we were an encouragement to our hosts
· Baseball – this is our third time to Panama and we ministered through baseball more than ever. We were scheduled to run one more clinic on Saturday which was cancelled Friday night and the guys were relieved because we were so tired from the prior day’s clinic and two games.
· Flexibility – they guys learned to follow the leading of the Lord and just do whatever came their way the next day. They also learned that my usual response to what are we doing, where are we going, what time, etc. is “no lo sé” (I don’t know).
· God glorified – each team member had the opportunity to share their testimony via interpreter with a different group. In addition to visits with indigenous tribes and a local church we conducted baseball clinics for 225-250. We presented the gospel and know that many accepted Christ as their savior!!
I am already looking forward to our return in January, 2017.
- Coach Haas